You can integrate your payroll with Zoho Books to export your payroll details to the Zoho Books general ledger. Once your Zoho Books account is connected, you simply need to map your chart of accounts and then export your payroll journal to the manual journals when you finalise your pay run. You can then publish your journal in Zoho Books so that it appears in the general ledger.
Connecting to Zoho Books
You can connect Zoho Books by following these steps:
- Go to 'Payroll Settings' > 'Business Management' > 'Integrations'.
- Go to 'Zoho Books' and click 'Add':
- Once you have selected 'Zoho Books', Click the 'Zoho Books' button:
- You will be redirected to the Zoho Books login page where you will need to enter your Zoho Books username and password.
- You will then be redirected to the Integrations page where you'll need to confirm the Zoho Books organization you're connecting to. You can also select to have payroll related accounts added to your Zoho Books chart of accounts.
- Once your organization has been selected, if you have reporting tags set up in Zoho Books you will be able to select two which will be used for your location specific reporting.
- Once confirmed, click 'Save'.
Using your Reporting Tags to set up Locations
Once you have selected which reporting tags you would like to use, you will need to go to 'Payroll Settings' > 'Pay Run Settings' > 'Locations'. The options you have saved against these reporting tags in Zoho Books will appear in the drop down lists for you to select and add locations. Please refer to the Locations support article for more information.
If you add any new reporting tags in Zoho, you will need to go back to the Integrations page and click save for these changes to appear.
Now that you have set up your locations, you will need to assign them to your employees. You can do this by opening each employee record and going to Pay Run Settings -> Pay Run Defaults and selecting the location from the Primary Location drop down list. You will then need to click 'Save'.
Mapping your payroll accounts
- Go to 'Payroll settings' > 'Business Settings' > 'Chart of accounts'.
- Click 'Default accounts' and you'll see a list of transaction types that need to be mapped to a Zoho Books account. The Zoho Books accounts appear in the drop down list next to the transaction type. You can select the same account for multiple transaction types.
- Once you've completed all the mappings, you are now ready to export a journal.
If you add any extra accounts to your Zoho Books chart of accounts, you can click on Import accounts and select these accounts so that they appear in your drop down lists in the account mappings.
Further information on location specific account mapping can be found in the Mapping GL Accounts support article.
Exporting your journal
- Once you've created and completed your pay run, click 'Finalise pay run' from the 'Pay run actions' tab.
- In the 'Finalise pay run' dialog, ensure 'Export journals to Zoho now' is selected:
Your journal will appear in Zoho Books in the Accountant > Manual Journals section. At this point it is in a "draft" state.
If you need to make any changes to your pay run, you can unlock the pay run and make these changes. When you finalise the pay run again, ensure you have selected the “Export to Zoho now” option. The previous journal will be automatically deleted for you and a new updated journal will appear. If the journal had already been published, you can publish the new journal and the figures in the general ledger will be updated with the new pay run figures.
If you need to delete a pay run, the journal entry will automatically be deleted in Zoho Books. This includes published journals.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org