You can integrate your payroll with FreshBooks accounting to export your payroll details to the FreshBooks general ledger. Once your FreshBooks account is connected, you simply need to map your chart of accounts and then export your payroll journal to the general ledger when you finalise your pay run.
Connecting to FreshBooks
You can connect FreshBooks by following these steps:
- Go to "Payroll setting" > "Journals"
- Click on "Connect to a journal service" and select "FreshBooks"
- Click "Connect to FreshBooks"
- You'll be redirected to the FreshBooks login page where you'll need to enter your FreshBooks username and password
- You will then be redirected to the Journals page where you'll need to confirm the FreshBooks file you're connecting to
- Click "Save".
Mapping your payroll accounts
Once you've connected your FreshBooks account, by default your accounts are mapped to the standard FreshBooks chart of accounts. You will only need to map the chart of accounts if you haven't used the standard FreshBooks Chart of Accounts. If needed, you can map your accounts by following these steps:
- Go to "Payroll settings" > "Chart of Accounts"
- Click "Default accounts" and you'll see a list of transaction types that need to be "mapped" to a FreshBooks account. The FreshBooks accounts appear in the drop down list next to the transaction type. You can select the same account for multiple transaction types.
- Once you've completed all the mappings, you are now ready to export a journal
Exporting your journal
Once you've completed a pay run, you'll be able to export a journal to the FreshBooks general ledger. You can export a journal by following these steps:
- Once you've created and completed your pay run, click "Finalise pay run" from the "Pay run actions" tab
- In the "Finalise pay run" dialog, ensure "Export journals to FreshBooks now" is selected
- Click "Finalise pay run" and your journal will be exported
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org