Full access users and restricted users with 'manage employee rosters' permission are able to view/add/edit/delete an unavailability within the roster via WorkZone
Ensure that you are logged into WorkZone as a manager with the correct permissions, and if you have access to multiple businesses, select the correct business from the left side dash. Once in, click the 'roster' icon in order to perform the following tasks;
Adding an unavailability
- Click the + icon to the right of the 'roster' heading.
- Select the 'add unavailability' option at the bottom of the page:
- You'll then need to enter the following:
- Employee - selected from the drop down menu
- Whether or not the unavailability will be on an ongoing basis or not. If it will be ongoing, there are additional fields that you need to select. These are the 'day', 'start date' and 'end date'.
- Date - the date the unavailability will start
- Whether or not the unavailability will be all day or not. If the unavailability is not an all day event, you will then be prompted to enter the 'from time' and 'to time'.
- Reason for the unavailability (optional)
- Click the 'submit' button.
Editing an unavailability
In order to edit an unavailability within WorkZone, you will need to scroll through the roster dates until you get to the date that the unavailability is set for. Once you find it, click the employees name and you'll see the originals details.
You can then make any adjustments required and click the 'Save' button.
Deleting an unavailability
In order to delete an unavailability, the process is similar to editing one, in that you need to find the unavailability in question by scrolling through the roster dates to the correct one and select it by tapping on the employees name. However once that is done, you simply need to select the 'delete unavailability' option:
You'll be prompted to confirm this action before it the unavailability will be deleted.
When an employee unavailability is changed by a manager, employees will receive a notification letting them know via email and/or WorkZone (if they have it installed).
Managers can also receive an email notification when an employee unavailability changes by going to 'Account' -> 'Manage Notifications' and selecting 'Email me when an employee that I supervise is unavailable to work'
If you haven’t already, you can download WorkZone immediately by clicking here:
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via email@example.com