You can import employee data from Wage Easy by following these steps:
Exporting Wage Easy Employee Data
The first step is to export the Wage Easy employee data into a tab delimited txt file. This link will take you to Sage knowledge base where you'll find instructions on how to do this (you'll need to sign in/sign up in order to view the article).
Import Employee Data
Once you have generated the report, go to the Add employee > Import employee option:
From the employee import screen, select 'Wage Easy' from the 'Import employees from' drop down options:
You will then need to provide the following details:
- Primary pay categories:
- Full Time Primary Pay Category
- Part Time Primary Pay Category
- Casual Primary Pay Category
- Leave categories:
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Other leave
- Payment schedule: You are able to assign any pay schedule that exists in the business
- Locations: If you'd like to have missing locations automatically created
N.B. If an external Id is used that has been used before you won't be able to save it if the 'unique external Id' setting is switched on. This setting is located on the Payroll settings > Advanced settings page. See here for more information.
Finally, you'll need to select your upload file and click the 'Upload' button.
- The 'cost centre' from the data extract will be allocated as the employee's primary location. The 'location' that was in the extract is allocated as an additional location for the employee
- The data extract includes both an hourly rate and an annual rate. The hourly rate and base hours values are used and the annual rate is discarded as it is not completely accurate.
- The locations are all set up at the top level currently (i.e. no nesting).
- Due to limitations of the data that is exported from Sage, the employees will be incomplete after the import and will require further information in order to be completed. The data that is not imported includes:
- Email address
- Bank account details
- Super fund details
- Leave balances
- Year-to-date figures
To finalise the employee setup, the recommended process is:
- export the employee data in the standard excel format, fill in the remaining data and re-upload.
- export the opening balances to excel format. fill in the spreadsheet and re-upload.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org