There are a few areas in the system where you can set up an email address for different types of email notifications to be sent FROM to your employees. Notifications for actions like pay slips, rostering, etc.
These areas are -
- business details page > contact email address;
- pay slips page > email notification from email address, and
- employing entities page > pay slip notification from email address.
Due to the sensitive nature of payroll information that will potentially be sent from these emails addresses and the likelihood of the emails being treated as spam, we have placed restrictions on the email domains we will allow and therefore what emails can be entered in these fields. The restricted domains are:
- hotmail; and
If a user tries to save an email address using one of these domains in any of the above mentioned areas of the system they will receive an error -
Emails already set up using one of these domains
Some businesses will already have emails previously set up using these now restricted domains. If this is the case you will need to be aware that any emails being sent from your business are in fact being sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT the email using the restricted domain.
If you want the employee's email notifications to be sent FROM the email addresses listed in the business settings areas above, you will need to use an email address with a domain other than the restricted ones.
Which email setting is used for what email notification template?
The email address listed on the business details page > contact email address is used to send all employee notifications with the exception of employee pay slips notifications. This includes - leave, expenses, rostering, etc.
The email address used to send employee's pay slip email notifications is as follows -
- If the business has an employing entity set up AND there is an email address entered in the 'pay slip notification from email address' field on the employing entities page, this email will be used for all employees being paid under this entity.
- If there are no employing entities set up AND there is an email address entered in the 'Email Notification from email address' field on the pay slips page, this email will be used for ALL employees in the business.
- If there is no email address entered in either of the above 2 fields the 'contact email address' on the business detail page will be used.
If a business using an email with a restricted domain (in any of the above mentioned areas) does not have an alternate email address to use, the emails will continue coming from the email@example.com email.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.