Lodging STP data under the wrong branch code is basically the same as lodging under the wrong ABN (the ATO can't deal with it at their end).
What you will be required to do is:
- reverse the earnings you've lodged out of the wrong branch code
- re-lodge them under the right one
To do this please follow these steps exactly.
- delete any failed STP update or finalisation events
- ensure the branch code on the default ABN (on the ATO Settings page) is what you were lodging under (ie. the wrong branch code)
- create a Fixed unit base rate pay category and PAYG exempt, call it "Adjustment only" - Pay Categories - Creating & Managing - this will make it easier to reverse the earnings out, you'll be able to just enter a -1 and the $ amount in the adjustment pay runs
- run the Detailed Activity Report for the financial year to extract YTD totals for all employees
- filter the report for employee default location to ensure one entry per employee
- create a new pay schedule - Pay Schedules - how to create - call it EOFY Adjustment and set the included employees to "None" (the frequency you choose is not relevant)
- create a new pay run using the new EOFY Adjustment pay schedule, use period end and paid date 30th June (this will help you with creating this off cycle pay run - How do I process an 'Ad hoc' Pay Run)
- reverse the total YTD earnings, PAYG and super (from the report extracted at step 3. above) for all employees
- use the Add earnings option from the Actions button within each employee's pay run record then choose your "Adjustment only" pay category and enter a negative 1 in the unit box and the $ total to reverse the earnings
- use the Adjust PAYG option from the Actions button and enter a negative adjustment for tax
- use the Adjust Super option from the Actions button and enter a negative adjustment for SG
- finalise but do NOT lodge this pay run
- create an amended finalisation event and add employees to it - Creating-and-Lodging-an-Amended-Finalisation-Event
- you should see nil $ totals across the board for all employees, if so lodge the amended finalisation event (if not contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now the FY data has been reversed out of the wrong ABN/branch code.
To lodge the FY data again under the correct branch code:
- change the ABN/branch code on the default ABN (on the ATO Settings page) to the correct branch code
- create another new pay run using the new EOFY Adjustment pay schedule with a period end and paid date 30th June and put the YTD earnings, PAYG and SG for all employees back in. NB. this pay run will be a mirror image of the "reversing" pay run you created at step 6. above - ie. net effect of these two pay runs will be nil (so that your employee's actual earnings totals are not disturbed)
- finalise the pay run
- click on the Lodge with ATO button to create the pay event
- go to the Single Touch Payroll page, click on the event you've created to open it
- click on the Actions button within the event
- choose the option to "Mark all as Is Final"
- lodge the event
Now the FY data has been re-lodged under the correct ABN/branch code and all employees have been finalised/are tax ready.
NB. If you've started lodging STP data under the wrong ABN in the new financial year you'll have to follow a similar process again to fix these earnings - ie. those will need to be reversed out of the wrong branch/ABN and put in again under the correct one. The only difference is instead of using an amended finalisation event to lodge the $0 earnings (under the wrong branch code) and then re-lodge the actual earnings (for the right branch code) for this financial year, you'll just use Update events - Creating-Lodging-an-Update-Event
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.