As you are using cloud-based software (ie this payroll software) to report STP, you need to establish a connection between the payroll software and the ATO. This will ensure STP events are recorded correctly and transmitted seamlessly to the ATO. The connection to the ATO relies on communicating your software ID, which is displayed during the STP registration process as well as via the Payroll Settings > ATO Settings > Electronic Lodgement & STP screen.
There are 2 options of how to provide the ATO your software ID:
Option 1 - Phone the ATO on 1300 85 22 32
You must be prepared with the following information:
- proof of record ownership (for example personal TFN, date of birth, address, recent ATO-generated notice);
- your Australian business number (ABN) or, if you are a registered tax agent, you can use your registered agent number (RAN);
- the name or ABN of your software provider, and
- your unique software ID (provided by your software provider).
N.B. If a registered agent or intermediary is lodging STP events on behalf of the business, the ATO connection MUST be against the registered agent or intermediary's record, NOT the business' record. So, in relation to the second point above, when referencing 'ABN' - this will be the ABN of the registered agent or intermediary.
Option 2 - Update details via Access Manager
- Select My hosted SBR software services from the left hand menu;
- Select Notify the ATO of your hosted service;
- Search for KeyPay in the list, or alternatively search by entering KeyPay;
- Select the ABN link of KeyPay;
- Enter the software ID and select Next;
- Read the Notification statement then select Save;
- A green success message will appear on the next screen to confirm success.
White Labels and Resellers acting as registered agents
By default, each business has its own unique software ID. A White Label or Reseller can change this configuration and rather elect to use the White Label's software ID or the Reseller's software ID for any business that uses a registered Tax/BAS Agent when lodging STP events.
Further information on this can be found here and is only relevant to users with White Label admin or Reseller access.
If you have any questions, send us an email to email@example.com.