A full access user or a restricted access user (a manager with access to a group of employees or a location), can perform tasks related to their relevant payroll permissions on the WorkZone app straight from their smartphone.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Leave requests screen;
- How to action a leave request;
- How to search for leave requests;
- How to approve/decline a leave request;
- How to edit a submitted or approved leave request
- How to edit a partially applied leave request
If the restricted access user has leave permissions, they will have the ability to undertake the following actions in WorkZone based on their permission type, as follows:
View Leave Requests only: The user will have the ability to view leave requests in read-only format. This includes the ability to view/download any attachments associated with the leave request.
Create Leave Requests only: The user will not have access to any leave related manager features in WorkZone.*
View Leave Requests + Create Leave Requests: The user will have the ability to view leave requests in read-only format. This includes the ability to view/download any attachments associated with the leave request.
View Leave Requests + Approve Leave Requests: The user will have the ability to view, edit, decline, approve and delete a leave request.
View Leave Requests + Create Leave Requests + Approve Leave Requests: The user will have the ability to view, edit, decline, approve and delete a leave request.
NB: A restricted access user will NOT have the ability to create a leave request via the WorkZone app (this is only an option via the web portal).
Leave Requests Screen
Once the user taps on the business name they have restricted access to, they will see the Leave requests option at the bottom of the screen. This is where they can view any pending leave requests. The displayed information can include:
- employee's name;
- type of leave;
- leave dates;
- attachments icon;
- notes icon;
- the number of units, ie days, weeks or hours, associated with the request;
- an '!' icon, to indicate the employee has insufficient leave accrued.
How to Action a Leave Request
To approve, edit, decline or delete a leave request, the user will need to tap on the relevant leave request. The information on this extended display will highlight any overlapping leave requests from other employees. Additionally, the user (depending on their permission) will have the ability to edit and save any changes, cancel, decline or approve the leave request:
How to Search for Leave Requests
You can search for historic leave requests and ALL submitted, approved, partially applied and declined leave requests by tapping on the search icon in the top right corner of the screen:
From here the user will have the ability to filter the 'Search Leave Requests' screen by Leave Status; Leave Period; Leave Category; Employee; and Location:
How to approve/decline a leave request
You can approve or decline a leave request by tapping on the applicable leave request from the 'pending' leave requests on the leave homepage. The leave request will then show the following:
- If the employee has insufficient leave;
- The status (eg pending);
- Employee name;
- Leave category;
- First and last day of leave requested;
- Leave required: If you toggle the 'show details' option, it will also show the employees leave balance, approved leave (including other leave requests of the same category), and the available balance (leave balance minus approved leave);
- If there are overlapping leave requests from other employees;
- Any notes or attachments relating to the leave request
In order to decline or approve the request, it's simply a matter of tapping either the 'Decline' or 'Approve' option as shown in the screenshot above.
How to edit a leave request
N.B. You can only edit a leave request before it has been applied or only part applied in a pay run. Fully applied leave can not be amended.
You can edit a leave request (or add an attachment to a leave request) by following these steps:
- From within WorkZone, tap the 'Leave requests' option:
- A list of leave pending leave requests will appear on the first screen, so to view any approved (including partially applied) you'll need to tap on the search magnifying glass icon. From here, select the leave request that you are wanting to edit. For pending or approved leave requests, you can edit any of the fields.
- Once you have made the required changes, you can select 'Save', or 'Save and decline' if you are wanting to make changes to the request, but also decline it:
How to edit a partially applied leave request
When editing a partially applied leave request, a user will be able to edit the last day of leave, work hours, notes and add an attachment. An information banner will indicate the relevant pay run and units of leave that have been already applied. The status of an amended partially applied leave request will update to 'in progress' if there are hours not yet applied. If a leave request is amended to the full amount of hours already applied in a pay run, then the leave request is automatically 'approved' when submitted:
If you haven’t already, you can download WorkZone immediately by clicking here:
WorkZone is available on iOS and Android - WorkZone - Getting Started
This article will assist with setting up a restricted user - Manage Users
If you have any questions or feedback, contact us via email@example.com.