To access the Superannuation settings page you will need to go to the Payroll Settings tab > Superannuation (under the Business Settings heading)
From here you can manage your businesses Superannuation settings. You can:
- Manage your default super fund/s details (add or delete super funds);
- Manage your direct debit bank account/s details (add or delete bank accounts);
- Add Refund Bank Accounts (this option will appear once you have registered with Beam);
- Reassign super fund details in bulk for employees;
- Register with Beam (a super clearing house allowing automated super processing directly from the payroll system). N.B.: This setting is not available to all businesses as it is configured at a white label setting. If you cannot view this option, you can still integrate with ClickSuper to automate your super processing by following these instructions; and
- Transition to Beam. If you are currently registered with ClickSuper for automated super payments you can easily transfer to Beam to significantly improve the current process of paying your employee's super contributions. Here you will have the options to Register with Beam and/or Learn More about Beam.
Instructions on how to use this screen for users that are NOT registered with Beam are as follows:
Adding a default super fund
- Employees to choose this option when completing their details via employee self setup; and/or
- Admin users to select this option when adding a new employee to the system.
If you are NOT registered with Beam (ie: you are registered with ClickSuper or not registered at all for automated super payments) you can add a default fund following these steps:
- Payroll Settings > Superannuation tab > Click on the ‘Add’ button:
- Enter the fund name, ABN or USI in the search field and click on the ‘Search’ button:
A list of results will appear based on your search criteria > Select the relevant fund:
Once the fund is selected, the fund name, ABN and USI will populate the Default Super Fund section. You can then enter the phone number and website address of the super fund and click on 'Save'.
NOTE - These details will also appear in the employee's self-set up for the employee to access if they require any further information on the fund.
You can add more than the one default fund, just start the process again by clicking on the ‘Add’ button.
- If you are registered with ClickSuper you will also need to set up the default fund on your ClickSuper account. To do this you can log in to your businesses ClickSuper account > on the business dashboard click on the business name near the top right corner of the screen to open the account settings > click on the Default Fund tab and complete the page. For any further assistance with this, you can contact Click directly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deleting a Default Super Fund
You can delete a default super fund by hovering over the name of the fund and clicking on the red "x" icon.
Instructions on how to use this screen for users that ARE registered with Beam are as follows:
Managing Default Super Funds
If you are registered with Beam and want to add or delete a default super fund you will need to do this via the Beam user interface.
To do this: Payroll Settings > Superannuation > Click on the ‘Edit details in Beam’ button (under the Manage Beam section). This will take you to the Beam user interface where you will need to click through to section 3. Default Fund.
This page will show all existing default funds. You can then complete a search for the fund you wish to add using the fund name, ABN or USI -
Select the default fund by clicking on the checkbox from the results section and then the default fund will appear in the default fund listing. You can add more than one default fund if you wish.
Or you can delete a fund you no longer required by hovering over the name of the fund and clicking on the "X" that will appear -
If you have added a default fund which is not Sunsuper, you may join Sunsuper as a participating employer by selecting the 'Please register me as a Sunsuper participating employer' checkbox as shown below. Sunsuper as a participating employer provides you with the ability to create a member account on behalf of an employee. This is optional.
If you do not wish to join Sunsuper as a participating employer then leave the checkbox unticked and click on 'Next button to proceed to the Term and conditions step.
Managing Direct Debit Bank Accounts
If you are registered with Beam and need to add or delete the bank account details setup for direct debit payments, you will need to do this via the Beam user interface.
To do this: Payroll Settings > Superannuation > Click on the ‘Edit Super Details’ button (under the Manage Beam section). This will take you to the Beam user interface where you will need to click through to section 2. Payment Method.
This page will show all existing bank accounts. You can then enter in the details of a bank account you would like to add by clicking on the `Add Another' option.
NOTE - You can add multiple bank accounts if you wish.
Enter in the new bank account details, then click on 'Save'.
Multiple bank accounts will appear as follows:
To delete a bank account, you will need to click on the bank account you wish to delete and then click ‘Remove’:
The following pop up message will appear. You will need to click on ‘OK’ to continue to delete the bank account (or you can cancel the action):
The screen will update and now only show the remaining bank account/s or no bank account (if there was previously only the one bank account).
Continue the process by clicking on ‘Next’ until you reach the terms and conditions > accept all the T&Cs > click through the last 2 sections of the Beam interface > click on 'Back to Payroll' > this will take you back to the Superannuation settings page.
Managing Refund Bank Accounts
When submitting a super batch via the Beam clearing house, a bank account for refunds is required and is selected when the user submits a batch.
The following bank accounts will be automatically available for selection as a Refund Bank Account when submitting a super batch. You can have multiple Refund Bank Accounts.
- any bank account that is set up in payroll for an ABA file; and
- any bank account added as a Direct Debit account in Beam.
If you don't have an ABA file set up and you have not added any bank account/s for direct debit in Beam OR you would like to add other/different bank accounts for refunds you can do this from the Superannuation settings page > Refund Bank Accounts (The ‘Refund Bank Accounts’ section will only appear once the user has registered with Beam) > Add:
Enter in the Account Name, BSB Number and Account Number > Save:
Once saved, the refund bank account/s will display on the Superannuation settings page.
You can delete a manually entered refund bank account (this does not include bank accounts added via Beam) by hovering over the account details > click on the ‘x’ icon on the right.
Any bank accounts added via Beam cannot be edited/removed from the Refund Bank Accounts section. They will need to be edited/removed via Beam by clicking on the ‘Edit Super Details’ option.
Reassigning Super Fund Details
When a super fund changes the ABN or USI for a super product you can use this function to make bulk updates to the employees' super fund details.
From the 'Superannuation' screen, click on the `Reassign Super Fund Details' tab > enter into the search field the super fund details you need to switch employees FROM (fund name, ABN or USI) > search -
Select the required fund from the list:
The number of employees and employee names with that super fund will be displayed on the screen. You can click on the drop down arrow to see the list of these employees.
You will then need to enter into the search the details of the super fund you would like these employees to switch TO (fund name, ABN or USI) and click on 'Search':
Select the required fund from the list > click on `Update':
You will then be prompted to update the super fund details for all non-processed contributions. If you select YES this will update the super fund details for all contributions that have been calculated in pay runs but where the super is yet to be processed. If you select 'No' the super fund details will only be updated for any super contributions calculated in pay runs created after the update.
You will then see the message that the fund has been successfully updated for all relevant employees -