To enable shift swapping, select “Employees can swap shifts that have been assigned to them”.
This setting is located in Payroll Settings > Rostering:
Once the above has been enabled, the shift swap workflow is as follows:
- Employee (Ashley) receives shift details and can choose to swap the shift by tapping “Swap shift”:
- Ashley selects an employee (Laura) to swap the shift with, enters a note that will be viewed by Laura and taps “Submit”:
- Laura can see there is a pending shift swap from Ashley waiting to be actioned:
- Laura taps on the shift to view all the shift details and Ashley’s reason for the swap:
- Laura can then accept or decline the shift swap. Laura accepts by tapping “Accept” and then “Yes, accept”:
- Ashley is notified immediately that Laura has accepted the shift swap.
- Where manager approval is required for a shift swap, the shift status will display for Laura as follows:
- When the manager approves or rejects the shift swap, both employees will be notified of the decision and the roster will be updated accordingly.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org