If employees are configured to use timesheets, they are able to view, create and delete timesheets from within the WorkZone app. This feature is available for both iOS and Android smartphones.
If you want employees to access timesheets in WorkZone they need to be configured to use timesheets in the Employee File -> Pay Run Defaults page:
And also Payroll Settings -> Employee Portal Settings with the following options:
Once the Employee Portal Settings have been activated, the employee must install the latest version of WorkZone by clicking here:
Once the employee has logged in to their WorkZone app they can access timesheets in two ways. The timesheet icon at the bottom of the home screen or timesheet area of the home screen:
Employees are able to change the view of timesheets to weekly or fortnightly by pressing on the drop down box at the top of the screen and then scrolling down the screen to view further dates if necessary. They can also view different timesheet periods by clicking on the left or right arrows in the date field box:
Timesheets are displayed with the following information:
- Start/End time
- Status (approved, rejected, submitted or processed)
- Shift duration (hours & minutes)
- Location (employee default if none selected)
- Work Type (if selected)
To get started, click on the + symbol in the top right-hand corner of the Leave screen. The data available to be entered is:
- Work Type (optional, unless the business has marked this timesheet setting as compulsory)
- Location (optional, unless the business has marked this timesheet setting as compulsory)
- Shift Conditions (optional, this field will only appear for iOS users if shift conditions have been set up for you or the location you are working at)
- Classification (optional, this field will only appear if you are able to select a higher classification when working higher duties)
- Date (required)
- Enter Hours instead of Start/Stop times (optional if configured to allow hours instead of start/stop times)
- Start/End Time (required)
- Break/s (optional)
- Notes (optional)
If you want to pre-fill additional days with the same timesheet info, select the 'Apply this timesheet to' option and simply tap on the required days and select 'Done' when finished:
You can add additional timesheet lines to the same day if you click on the '+' button and select the date. This will allow you to add another timesheet on a day that already has a timesheet. This applies to both iOS and Android.
The timesheets will then be sent to the approving manager/s.
Deleting a Timesheet
Find the timesheet the needs to be deleted and select it. Click on the 'Delete this timesheet' line:
Timesheets that have the status of approved, submitted or rejected are able to be deleted. Processed timesheets have already been included in a pay run and therefore cannot be deleted.
If you haven’t already, get your employees to download WorkZone immediately by clicking here:
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org