Employees are able to request leave straight from their smartphone using the WorkZone app, including the ability to attach a supporting document just by using your Smartphone’s camera.
You will need to grant the employees with the ability to apply for leave from the Employee Portal Settings:
The employee can then access leave in WorkZone by either tapping on the "Leave Balances" section of the dashboard:
Or by tapping on the "Leave" section on the profile page:
The 'leave screen' will show the employees leave balances as well as current leave requests. If a current leave request is selected it will show further detail including:
- Leave category
- First/last day of leave
- Units required for the leave, expressed as either days, hours or weeks, depending on how the unit type of the leave category has been set up
- Ability to add an attachment
- Ability to cancel the request
To apply for leave from the app, the employee needs to simply click on the plus symbol in the top right-hand corner of the screen. From here the following details can be entered by clicking on each heading:
- Leave Category
- First day of leave
- Last day of leave
- Leave required - from here you are able to "show details" to check any leave balances
- Attachments (from the employee's phones camera, gallery or a document)
Once the details have been entered, click the "Submit" button in the top right-hand corner.
Employees can download WorkZone for iOS by searching for ‘WorkZone’ from the App Store, or by following this link:
Employees can download WorkZone for Android from the Google Play Store by searching for ‘WorkZone’, or by following this link:
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.