This article will outline how to create, edit and delete employee shifts.
Creating a shift
You can create a shift for an employee by following these steps:
- From within the rostering screen, find the employee you want to create the shift for and then click on the shift panel that corresponds with the day you want to create the shift for:
- Clicking on a shift panel will show the shift editor to the right of the screen
From the shift editor you can select the following details for the shift
- Start time
- End time
- Shift breaks (optional)
- Employee (optional)
- Qualifications (optional. Will only show if qualifications have been setup for the business)
- Work Type (optional. Will only show if work types have been setup for the business)
- Classification (optional. Will only show if the employee is attached to an employee agreement which allows selection of higher classification)
- Notes (optional)
- Publish - if you tick the "publish" option, a notification will be sent to the employee(s) associated with the shift once the shift is saved.
Tip: you can create a shift for multiple employees by selecting more than one employee in the "employee" selector from the shift edit panel. When you save the shift, a new shift will be created for each of the selected employees
Editing a shift
You can edit a shift by following the steps outlined below
- To edit a shift, simply click on any existing shift in the roster grid
- This will show the shift editor where you can make any changes to the shift
Note you can only edit shifts that are "unpublished". You cannot edit published shifts
You can quickly move shifts by clicking and dragging them to another shift tile. If you move the shift to another day, the date of the shift will be automatically updated. If you move the shift to another employee, the employee assigned to that shift will be updated automatically.
Adjusting start and end times in day view
You can quickly adjust the start or end of a shift in day view by clicking and dragging the start or end of a shift. As soon as you drag the shift to it's new start or end time, the new start or end time for that shift will be automatically updated.
You can copy shifts from one day to another by holding down the shift button on your keyboard, and dragging the shift tile from the original day to the day that you would like it copied to.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com