The Employer Liability Categories page is under the Pay Run Settings heading on the Payroll Settings tab of your payroll dashboard and is used to define the various employer liability categories used by your business.
In order to add a new employer liability category, follow these steps:
- Click the green Add button in the top right.
- Give the category a name.
- [Optional] Assign an external ID to the category.
- [Optional] Choose this option if don't want employees to see the total of this employer liability applied on their pay slips.
- [Optional] Choose this option if you wish to show the employee's total cumulative payments for this employer liability on their pay slips.
- Click Save.
Showing Employer Liabilities on the employee's pay slip
There are two pay slip related configurations options when setting up employer liabilities - per 4 and 5 above. This is a global setting and cannot be set at the employee level.
4: Hide liability from pay slips - If ticked this will show the total value of the employer liability on the employee's pay slip.
5: Show total payments in pay slips: This will display the employee's total cumulative payments for this employer liability on their pay slips.
To edit an existing liability category, click its name in the list of liability categories.
To delete an existing liability category, click the red X on the right. Please note that you cannot delete a liability category that is currently in use.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org