When generating a GL transaction line, you can assign NetSuite locations, departments and Classes to your payroll locations. Once assigned, the class, location and department will be exported to any earnings lines, super expenses and PAYG expenses that are assigned to that location.
To map locations, classes and departments, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have connected your payroll file to your NetSuite file and have configured your locations, classes and departments in NetSuite
- Click on the "Business" -> "Payroll Settings" menu and navigate to "Locations"
- Click on the Locations that you wish to assign the department, location or class to. You'll see the below dialogue box:
- From the location dialog, you'll need to first select the 'Destination Subsidiary". This will then pre-populate the location list based on the subsidiary. If no destination subsidiary is selected, you will not be able to select a location.
- Click Save and your NetSuite classes, locations and departments will be assigned to the payroll location.
- The 'Subsidiary' selected in the Journals screen does not have any affect on the location configuration.
- The level of complexity added if you are using cross-subsidiary payrolls may cause issues. Just reach out to us if this happens and we'll do what we can to assist.
If you have any feedback or support questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org