To add a new business to your white label, you can go to the partner dashboard, or you can perform this function from within an existing business.
Adding a business from the partner dashboard
From within the business maintenance homepage of the partner dashboard there is an 'add a new business' button that will launch the business creation wizard:
See Adding a new business for more information about the business creation wizard.
Adding a business from within an existing business
You'll need to first log into a business (any business) from your white label. From there, select 'add a new business' from the suitcase:
When you click on 'Add a new business' you will be directed to the business creation wizard. See Adding a new business.
After your business has been created you will be able to add employees.
There are a number of ways you can add employees
- Manually add employees
- Import employee details “in bulk” by importing data via .csv (spreadsheet) file
- Import employee details via a integrated system such as - Attache & Xero.
1. Manually adding an employee
- Select 'Employees' from the side panel - menu bar.
- Choose “Add an employee” to add one at a time using our “Add Employee Wizard”.
- Note: your employee’s will automatically show up in the pay run if you have NOT selected “use timesheets for all time worked” and you have checked the box 'Pay these earnings by default in a pay run'.
2. Import employees
- Choose “Import employee data” and you will be redirected to a page where you can follow simple instructions to download a .csv template style document which can be populated (like a spreadsheet) and then imported/uploaded back into the system.
- If you are converting from another payroll package, click on “Import employee data” then click on the down arrow next to “Import Employees from” and choose from the options listed
If you want to get started mid financial year you can import your opening balances - accessible on the same page as Import Employee Data - to bring in opening balances for both wages and leave.
When a customer wants to move away from your white label
Standard practice in these circumstances:
- where a payroll account is to be moved out from under a partner white label to become a "stand alone" KeyPay account
- where a payroll account is to be disconnected from a QuickBooks account and moved to your white label (NB. once this is done the pay run journals can still be sent to the QBO account, you will connect to QBO via the Journals page, under the business management heading on the payroll settings tab)
- where a payroll account is to be moved from one white label partner to another white label partner
is for written/email permission to be granted:
- by the relevant white label access user/s (if QBO are involved a payroll champion must manage their side of the process)
- by the business owner/full access user, whose payroll is managed in the account
This is done to ensure that everyone involved knows what's happening - after all, once the change is made, the business owner will at the very least need to know that they will login to their payroll account from a different URL.
A few points for you to confirm with the business owner..
- only a full access user from the business can make this request to you, and then you provide it to us - check access on the Manage Users page, under the business management heading on the payroll settings tab on the payroll dashboard.
- Direct debit to a valid Visa or Mastercard are the only payment options available for payroll once the account is moved away from your white label - the customer should be informed that they will need to enter credit card details onto the subscription page (under the business management heading on the payroll settings tab on the payroll dashboard) once the transfer is done - click on this link for information about our retail pricing... https://keypay.com.au/pricing
- once disconnected it's exactly the same payroll account as they have been using all along,they'll just access it "directly" from KeyPay.
Once the account is moved white label users will not have access to the payroll account unless the customer provides explicit access on the Manage Users page.
As for billing - whoever is responsible for billing as at the point in time when the invoice is generated, on the 1st of each month, is who will be billed - meaning if the account is moved away from your white label in July then the customer will be billed for July in our invoice dated 1 August. If the charges needs to be pro-rata'd / separated you'll have to arrange that outside of payroll.
Please reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns email@example.com