This article provides guidelines about when to use the different work types and tags that are included as part of the pre-built Miscellaneous Award package. For further information about the Miscellaneous Award, refer Miscellaneous Award
Key Updates to Award
Last Updated: December 2018
Installing and Configuring the Pre-Built Award Package
For details on how to install and configure this Pre-built Award Template, please review the detailed help article here.
Community Services Leave
First Aid Officer
Leading Hand (3-10 Employees)
Leading Hand (21+ Employees)
The setup of the Payroll Tax Exempt field in Payroll Settings>Pay Categories was replicating the PAYG Exempt field rather than creating a unique identity; when installed into the business settings. An audit has been carried out across the system and the issue has now been resolved with this update.
1 October 2018
The Award has been updated to reflect changes made as part of the Fair Work Decision 4 year review of modern awards. The change is a newly created clause 10.4(b) casual minimum engagement. This now provides for casual employees to be paid for at least 2 consecutive hours of work on each occasion they are required to attend work.
Allowance rate update for Kilometre Allowance - Car (above and below ATO limit). Further information can be found at ATO.
1 August 2018
The award has been updated to reflect changes made as part of the Fair Work Decision 4 year review of modern awards. The determination for the new clause in the modern award allowing employees to take unpaid leave to deal with family and domestic violence can be found here. Family and Domestic Violence leave applies from the first full pay period on or after 1 August 2018. Further information can be found at Fair Work.
Employees, including part-time and casual employees are entitled to 5 days unpaid family and domestic violence leave each year of their employment. The 5 days renews each 12 months of their employment but does not accumulate if the leave is not used.
A new leave category has been created - “Family and Domestic Violence Leave” and a new Work Type - “Family and Domestic Violence Leave taken”. The Leave Allowance Templates and any impacted rule conditions have also been updated.
28 June 2018
The Award has been updated to reflect the Fair Work Commission’s national minimum wage increase of 3.5% from its Annual Wage Review 2017-18 decision. This also includes updates to expense-related allowances.
These changes come into effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2018. Please install these updates AFTER you have finalised your last pay run prior to the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2018.
Additionally, the following changes have been made as part of this update:
- New laundry allowance pay categories and rule conditions were created to reflect the ATO threshold maximum limits for claiming of laundry (not dry cleaning) for deductible clothing under the Award. Further information can be found in the “Cleaning of Work Clothing” section of this ATO article.
We have created a new rule - 22.1 Apply Overtime - Overtime Advanced Standard Hours - Part-Time. This rule reflects the following provisions of clause 22.1:
- the hours worked each day;
- which days of the week the employee will work;
- the actual starting and finishing times of each day.
Previously we could only assess the number of hours worked per week for overtime purposes Now, however, we can assess the Advanced Standard Work Hours as set up within the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen.
For example, if an employee's Advanced Standard Work Hours were as follows:
The rule will assess hours as follows:
- Any time worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday will be deemed overtime;
- Any time worked before the start times on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday will be deemed overtime; and
- Any time worked after the end times on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday will be deemed overtime.
(a) This rule only works where Advanced Standard Work Hours have been set up using start and finish times, NOT hours only;
(b) If no Advanced Standard Work Hours have been set up for a part time employee, then all hours will be deemed overtime.
- Fix any auto meal break rules so that they don't apply to leave requests
- Updated allowance pay categories configuration. e.g. changed payment summary classifications.
- Created Kilometre allowance pay categories - above and below ATO limits