This article provides guidelines about when to use the different work types and tags that are included as part of the pre-built Education Services (Teachers) Award package. For further information about this award, refer to Education Services (Teachers) Award
Key Updates to Award
Last Updated: August 2018
Installing and Configuring the Pre-Built Award Package
For details on how to install and configure this Pre-built Award Template, please review the detailed help article here.
Time off in lieu of Overtime
Vehicle Allowance - Motor Car
Use this work type to record the number of kilometres an employee has travelled using a motor vehicle in the performance of their duties, up to a maximum of 400 kilometres per week. Refer to clause 15.4(a)(i) of the Award.
10 hr shift (approved by employee)
Minimum Half Day
Allowance rate update for Kilometre Allowance - Car (above and below ATO limit). Further information can be found at ATO.
1 August 2018
The award has been updated to reflect changes made as part of the Fair Work Decision 4 year review of modern awards. The determination for the new clause in the modern award allowing employees to take unpaid leave to deal with family and domestic violence can be found here. Family and Domestic Violence leave applies from the first full pay period on or after 1 August 2018. Further information can be found at Fair Work.
Employees, including part-time and casual employees are entitled to 5 days unpaid family and domestic violence leave each year of their employment. The 5 days renews each 12 months of their employment but does not accumulate if the leave is not used.
A new leave category has been created - “Family and Domestic Violence Leave” and a new Work Type - “Family and Domestic Violence Leave taken”. The Leave Allowance Templates and any impacted rule conditions have also been updated.
28 June 2018
The Award has been updated to reflect the Fair Work Commission’s national minimum wage increase of 3.5% from its Annual Wage Review 2017-18 decision. This also includes updates to expense-related allowances.
These changes come into effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2018. Please install these updates AFTER you have finalised your last pay run prior to the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2018.
Additionally, the following changes have been made as part of this update:
- New laundry allowance pay categories and rule conditions were created to reflect the ATO threshold maximum limits for claiming of laundry (not dry cleaning) for deductible clothing under the Award. Further information can be found in the “Cleaning of Work Clothing” section of this ATO article.
- The Payment Summary Classification settings for Allowance based pay categories have been updated as per STP requirements.
- Fix any auto meal break rules so that they don't apply to leave requests
- Updated allowance pay categories configuration. e.g. changed payment summary classifications.
- Created Kilometre allowance pay categories - above and below ATO limits