If you need to set up a superannuation contribution that is paid by the employer, now it is as easy as ever. A new feature added to KeyPay allows the employer to add the contribution straight into the employee's pay, without working out the gross wage to include superannuation. By following these steps you can add in the employer contribution into the employee's wage;
- To add the contribution into the employee's pay from the pay run, you need to use the "Actions" button and select "Super Adjustment", see image below;
- This will create a "Super Adjustment" line. You will then need to select ""Employer Contribution" from the drop down list. Insert a "Note" if required, and the amount that the employer is contributing to the employee and press "Save".
You will notice that we have created two columns, in the pay slip, under Super Contributions, they are SGC (Super Guarantee Contribution) and EC (Employer Contribution). The amount you entered will be recorded under EC. See image below;
- Once you hit the save button you will see the contribution in the EC column, in the example it is $100, see image below;
- If you want this contribution to be ongoing, you can enter in a Super Adjustment via the employee file. Select the employee that the contribution applies and select 'Pay Run Inclusions' -> add 'Super Adjustments' before selecting 'Employer Contribution' from the drop down menu, see image below:
- Click on 'Add'.
- Select the appropriate contribution type from the drop down list.
- Enter the adjustment amount to be applied per pay run. It can be a Fixed amount, a Percentage of Gross earnings or Percentage of OTE.
- Enter any notes if you want the employee to see them on their pay slip.
- Enter the date this inclusion is to commence.
- Choose when this inclusion should cease (a specific end date, never or once a particular dollar amount has been reached).
- Click on 'Save'.
An example of a Super Adjustment is as follows:
This adjustment will appear on the selected employee's pay every pay run.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org