Paid Compassionate Leave is generally granted by most organisations. Employees are allocated a specified amount of days a year as decided by the organisation.
Compassionate Leave does NOT accrue therefore, there is no leave balance for this type of leave. The system can track the number of compassionate days taken by an employee without accruing or recording a balance.
To set up Paid Compassionate Leave within the system you will need to follow these steps;
- Set up Compassionate Leave under the Payroll settings > Leave categories page
- Select the leave category type as 'Standard'
- Leave loading 0%
- Select 'Take no further action' for the 'When leave is taken' field
- Select 'Tracked' for the 'Employee leave balance'
- Then 'Save' (None of the 'tick' boxes need to be ticked).
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org