You can configure and grant a user employee portal access to their employee file, by following these steps:
- Go to Payroll Settings -> Employee Portal Settings:
- You will be presented with a screen (see image below) that has variety of options for you to choose from. Tick the boxes to grant employees the type of access you want them to have.
- The next section relates to configuring the level of access an employee has in reference to timesheets. These settings apply for when an employee is logged in to their employee portal and/or WorkZone. The full list of options are:
- Not access timesheets. Employees will have no access to view timesheets.
- View their own timesheets. Employees can view all their timesheets but cannot edit them.
- Only edit their own timesheets. Employees can view all their timesheets however can only edit timesheets they created via their employee portal and/or WorkZone. They cannot edit timesheets created via the kiosk, Clock Me In or the clock in/out functionality within WorkZone.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk. Employees can view all their timesheets however can only edit timesheets generated from the Kiosk or Clock Me In. They will not be able to create timesheets via the employee portal or WorkZone. They can however still use the clock in/out functionality in WorkZone if this setting has been selected (explained further below).
- Only edit WorkZone clock in/out timesheets. Employees can only create and edit timesheets generated from clocking in and out of WorkZone. Employees will not be able to create timesheets via the employee portal or add timesheets via other means in WorkZone.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk or WorkZone clock in/out. Employees can only create and edit timesheets generated from clocking in and out of WorkZone, the kiosk and/or Clock Me In. Employees will not be able to create timesheets via the employee portal or add timesheets via other means in WorkZone.
- Create and edit all timesheets. Employees will be able to create and edit all timesheets, whether generated from the employee portal, WorkZone, kiosk and/or Clock Me In.
- The next section relates to clocking in and out using WorkZone.
If the clock in/out functionality is activated an additional list of settings will appear (as shown above). They are:
- Capture employee photo when clocking in/out. Employees would be required to take a photo as part of the clock in/out process when starting/ending work as well as taking breaks. An employee will not be able to complete the clock in/out unless the photo has been captured.
- Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking in. This option is only applicable if a business is using Employment Agreements. If so, it will allow an employee to select a higher classification when clocking in for a shift on a day where the employee is required to work higher duties.
- Allow employees to apply rostered start/finish times when clocking in/out. This setting relates to giving the employees the option of using their rostered start/stop times as their clock in/out times rather than the time they actually clocked on. For example, if an employee's rostered start time is at 9am but they have clocked in early at 8.50am they can choose to select the 9am start instead. The option will only appear if the employee clocks in/out within the timeframes defined as part of this setting, hence the sub-settings "Employees can apply the rostered start time up to 'x' minutes before their shift is due to start" and "Employees can apply the rostered end time up to 'x' minutes after their shift ends". Using the example above where the option will appear within 30 minutes of the employee's rostered time, an employee's shift will commence at 8.30am however they clock in at 8.14am. Their rostered details will appear on the screen as follows:
When they tap on "Continue" they will be given the option of clocking in using their actual clock in time or their rostered time.
- Send employee reminder notifications. This setting will activate sending a push notification to an employee if they have not yet clocked out 'x' minutes after their rostered end time.
- Once you have finalised the employee portal settings, click on the "Access" tab on the top of the screen. This will allow you to grant bulk portal access to your staff.
- By default, a list of all your active employees will be displayed. uYou will then be presented with a list of your employees. Using the tick boxes to the left of the employees name, you can individually grant the employee access to the employee portal. To bulk grant access, click on the checkbox to the left of "Name" at the top of the table. This will select all employees eligible for portal access.
- You can also revoke access, either individually or in bulk, from this screen. Follow the same instructions as per granting access, however click on "Revoke Access".
- From this screen, you will also be able to identify any employees who are yet to provide their email address. These employees will be unable to be granted employee portal access until an email address is supplied. You can add and/or edit an employee's email address from this screen by clicking on the pencil icon within the "Email" column.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org