This article provides guidelines about when to use the different work types and tags that are included as part of the pre-built Pharmacy Industry award package. For further information about the pharmacy industry award, refer to http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/modern_awards/award/ma000012/default.htm
Award Release Updates
The following are notes on updates made to this award template:
29 June 2018
The Award has been updated to reflect the Fair Work Commission’s national minimum wage increase of 3.5% from its Annual Wage Review 2017-18 decision. This also includes updates to expense-related allowances.
These changes come into effect from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2018. Please install these updates AFTER you have finalised your last pay run prior to the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2018.
Additionally, the following changes have been made as part of this update:
- New laundry allowance pay categories and rule conditions were created to reflect the ATO threshold maximum limits for claiming of laundry (not dry cleaning) for deductible clothing under the Award. Further information can be found in the “Cleaning of Work Clothing” section of this ATO article.
- The Sunday (7am to 9pm) penalty for permanent employees has reduced from 95% to 80%.
- The Sunday (7am to 9pm) penalty for casual employees has reduced from 120% to 105% (inclusive of casual loading).
- Pay Rate Templates for Level 3 & Level 4 juniors have been removed as they are no longer active, as per the update dated 30 October 2017.
- The Payment Summary Classification settings for Allowance based pay categories have been updated as per STP requirements.
- We have created a new rule - 26.1(b) Apply Overtime - Over Advanced Standard Hours - Part-Time. This rule reflects the following provisions of clause 12.2:
- the hours worked each day;
- which days of the week the employee will work;
- the actual starting and finishing times of each day.
Previously we could only assess the number of hours worked per week for overtime purposes using the existing Apply Overtime - Over Standard Hours - Part Time rule. Now, however, we can assess the Advanced Standard Work Hours as set up within the employee's Pay Run Defaults screen.
For example, if an employee's Advanced Standard Work Hours were as follows:
The rule will assess hours as follows:
- Any time worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday will be deemed overtime;
- Any time worked before the start times on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday will be deemed overtime; and
- Any time worked after the end times on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday will be deemed overtime.
(a) This rule only works where Advanced Standard Work Hours have been set up using start and finish times, NOT hours only;
(b) If no Advanced Standard Work Hours have been set up for a part time employee, then all hours will be deemed overtime.
Included a rule for "on site meal break" to accommodate this clause in the award;
"An employee who is required to take their meal break on the premises for the
purpose of attending to urgent matters requiring the input of a qualified pharmacist
will be paid at time and a half for the period of the meal break, regardless of other
penalties that apply on that day"
Long Service Leave
Update the Long Service Leave leave templates to reflect the new Victorian entitlement period legislation Victorian entitlement period legislation, change the entitlement period from 10 years to 7 Years.
- Fix any auto meal break rules so that they don't apply to leave requests
- Updated allowance pay categories configuration. e.g. changed payment summary classifications.
- Created Kilometre allowance pay categories - above and below ATO limits
30 October 2017
An update was made to remove junior rates for Pharmacy Assistant Levels 3 and 4. The award now only allows for levels 1 and 2 to include pro-rated junior rates. For more information, please refer to the Fair Work Determination here.
Installing and Configuring the Pre-Built Award Package
For details on how to install and configure this Pre-built Award Template, please review the detailed help article here.
No Meal Break
Normally, meal breaks are automatically added for shifts over 5h30m. Use this work type to indicate that no meal break was taken during the shift.
OT worked with no prior notice (1.5 - 4 OT hrs)
An employee that was required to work between 1.5 hours and 4 hours of overtime with less than 24 hours’ notice and not provided with a meal should add 1 unit of this allowance to their shift. Refer section 19.1 of the Pharmacy Industry Award.
OT worked with no prior notice (4+ OT hrs)
An employee that was required to work more than 4 hour of overtime with less than 24 hours’ notice and not provided with a meal should add 1 unit of this allowance to their shift. Do not add both "OT worked with no prior notice (1.5 - 4 OT hrs)" and "OT worked with no prior notice (4+ OT hrs)", only the most relevant one. Refer section 19.1 of the Pharmacy Industry Award.
Public holiday not worked
Shift workers should choose this work type for public holidays that they elect not to work.
Where an employer requests an employee to use their own motor vehicle in the performance of their duties, this work type should be used. The kilometres traveled should be entered into the ‘units’ field. Refer section 19.4 of the Pharmacy Industry Award
Choose this work type when annual leave was taken
Choose this work type when carer’s leave was taken
Choose this work type when compassionate leave was taken
Long Service Leave
Choose this work type when long service leave was taken
School Student 2 hr Minimum Engagement
Choose this work type where, in accordance with clauses 12.12 and 13.5, part time and casual school students are eligible for a 2 hour minimum shift engagement as opposed to the standard 3 hour minimum shift engagement.
Choose this work type when sick leave was taken
Time in Lieu taken
Choose this work type when time in lieu was taken
Time off in Lieu of Overtime
Choose this work type if the employee elects to accrue time in lieu rather than be paid for any overtime for this shift.
Choose this work type when unpaid leave was taken
The following tags are available for application to employees under the Pharmacy Industry Award.
Assign this tag if the employee is employed as a shift worker. Refer section 28.2 of the Pharmacy Industry Award for the definition of a shift worker.
TIL of OT
Assign this tag if the employee elects to always accrue time in lieu rather than be paid overtime.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via [email protected]