Pay run warnings will appear if applicable, after you have created a new pay run (see here for help on creating a pay run).
In order to see the specific details of the warning:
- Click on the word "Warning";
- This will redirect to that tab and expand on the data to show you each warning;
- If you click on the specific warning, this will also expand to show you details.
Click on the warning so that it expands to provide more information:
The following warnings will be displayed in a pay run:
- ABA details have not been provided - this will be displayed when no bank account details have been provided for a pay run and therefore no ABA file can be generated.
- BPAY details have not been provided for this business - this will be displayed when no business BPAY file has been provided but employees have BPAY accounts set up and to be processed in the pay run. No BPAY file can be generated until such details have been added.
- Employee has negative earnings - this will be displayed when the net payment amount for an employee is less than 0.
- Employee has earnings lines for which they aren't being paid - this will be displayed when an employee has an earnings line with hours applied, but the total value of the earnings line is 0. This usually indicates there's an error with the employee's rate of pay.
- Employee has a birthday during the pay run period - this is displayed when an employee has a birthday during the pay run period and therefore may need to have their rate of pay reviewed.
- Employee has an anniversary during the pay run period - this is displayed when the anniversary of the employees start date occurs during the pay run period and therefore may need to have their rate of pay reviewed.
- Employee is taking more leave than they have accrued - this is displayed when an employee is attempting to take more leave than they have accrued.
- Employee had a start/termination date within the pay period - this is displayed when an employee, set up with default standard hours, has either commenced employment or terminated employment mid-pay period and so pro-rata hours have been calculated. This warning acts as a reminder to check the employee's pro-rata hours have been calculated correctly.
Additionally, once a pay run has been finalised and no ABA file or BPAY file is set up, you will see the following warning against the "Download Payment File" button:
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.