The detailed activity report is available from the 'Reports' home page under the 'Payroll Reports' section.
It allows you to view a breakdown of activity by location per employee over a given period of time. Note – it reports data based on DATE PAID.
The Detailed Activity Report screen requires the following details:
- Date range - There are multiple frequencies to choose from as well as a 'custom range'. Additionally, if you want to select a specific pay run instead of a date range, you can change to that filter by clicking the toggle button:
- Pay Schedules - Includes all pay schedules, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, and any other custom schedules that have been set up
- Group by - Earnings locations, Earnings roll up reporting location, Employee default location
- Locations - Options include all locations, or specific locations that have been set up already. You are able to select multiple locations as required;
- Employing Entity (if applicable)
There are also two optional checkboxes which allow you to filter the report:
- Show post-tax deductions
- Locations totals only
‘Show post-tax deductions’ will display an additional ‘Post-tax deductions’ column in the report.
‘Locations totals only’ will switch off employee lines in the report and only display the totals for each location in the business.
To apply the filters, tick one or both checkboxes and then click the ‘Run report’ button.
After you have clicked the 'Run Report' button, you will be presented with the following information:
- Locations and employees
- Gross earnings
- Pre tax deductions
- Tax exempt earnings
- Taxable earnings
- SG Super
- Employer contribution
- Net earnings
- Employer liabilities
- Gross + Super
If you click to 'Expand all' (Please note that when 'Expand all is selected the option changes to 'Collapse all') you will be given a breakdown of each employee listed under their corresponding location. A sub-total for each location is also listed.
If you filtered the report using the 'Show locations totals only' checkbox, you can expand locations to display any sub-locations, either by clicking on head locations in the report or clicking ‘Expand All’.
You also have the option to export this report to CSV, Excel or PDF.
You can easily access the report filter and download button whilst scrolling through the report via a sticky filter, without having to scroll back to the top of the page. The sticky filter buttons will appear on the top right-hand side of the report when you scroll down the report:
Using this sticky filter, you can choose to change the filter parameters by clicking on the 'Filter' button and making the changes then clicking the 'Update' button. You also have the option to clear the filter completely to default by clicking the 'Clear filters' option at the bottom right-hand side of the sticky filter.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org