Work Types are used when entering timesheets and can be used as an input when creating pay conditions. You can create work types and map them to pay categories or leave categories.
To do this go to the 'Payroll Settings' tab on the payroll dashboard > 'Work Types' under the 'Pay Conditions' heading > click the 'Add' button in the far right-hand corner:
You will then need to enter the following fields:
- Name (of the work type is required);
- External ID;
- Automatically enabled for (select the employee types you would like to auto enable the work type for);
- Work Maps to:
- Employee's Primary Pay Category
- Pay Category (select relevant pay category)
- Leave Category (select relevant leave category) *** Apply to pay run as leave accrual, when this setting is enabled, timesheets entered using this work type will accrue leave rather than take leave.
- None (Shift Condition)
You can manually enable work types for specific employees. To do this click on the employee's record > Work Types > select the relevant work types you need to enable for the employee > save:
When an employee submits their timesheets via the self-service portal (or when a manager submits timesheets on behalf of an employee), this will be the set of work types that are available to be selected.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org