To update an employee's details you need to open the employee file and then click 'Details' on the left navigation menu.
The 'Details' screen allows you to enter personal and work details of the employee. A few fields of note here include:
- Start Date: The start date entered determines when an employee appears in a pay run, roster, can create timesheets and leave requests so ensure the date is correct.
- Anniversary Date: This is an optional field but should be used for employees undertaking an apprenticeship or qualification that requires a rate change upon the completion of each stage. If this is the case, you would enter the start date of the employee's apprenticeship/qualification here so that the system then knows to update the employee's rate (if they are assigned to a correctly configured Employment Agreement). Additionally, a warning in the pay run will display to remind the user that the employee has reached their anniversary.
- Enter Residential Address Manually: Ticking on this checkbox will allow you to enter a manual address rather than use the auto address finder. Two reasons you may want to select this option is because (a) the employee does not live in the same country as their employment and so has to enter an overseas address or (b) the address being entered is not being picked up from the auto address finder and so has to be entered manually. The same concept applies to the Enter Postal Address Manually. If selecting this option, all fields (other than Residential Address Line 2) must be completed. Also note that, outside of Country, all other fields are free text so there will be no validation done to ensure the address is correct.
- Postal Address is the same as Residential Address: This option is selected by default and means the user does not have to enter the address twice if it is exactly the same for residential and postal. Simply deselect the checkbox if you want to enter a different postal address.
- External ID: If the business uses external systems (such as HR systems) that integrate with the payroll system, you should enter the employee's ID from such system in this field. This Id will also appear in payroll reports and so a useful tool to reconcile figures between the payroll system and external system.
- Tags: Tags are a useful tool in setting criteria when setting up employee groups; and/or identifying certain scenarios within pay condition rules. Information on how to create tags for a business can be found here. Instructions on how to assign one or more tags to an employee can be found here.
- Profile Image: This is an optional field where you can upload a photo of the employee for your records.
- Terminate Employee: The 'Terminate Employee' button allows you to enter a termination date against an employee file and thereby inactivate them. You would only terminate an employee in this manner if there is no termination pay required (such as annual leave payout) and they have already been paid for all hours worked. You can find out more here about terminating an employee.
You must always click on 'Save' once any changes or information has been added to an employee file.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com.