You can access the Super Contributions Report from the payroll dashboard > Reports tab > Payroll reports section. It allows you to view all super contributions over a period of time.
Filtering the report
- Date Range - There are multiple frequencies to choose from as well as a 'custom range'. Additionally, if you are using automated super payments to pay your super (via super payments in the report's menu) you can also filter this report to print your super batch, just click the toggle button:
- Pay Schedule - this will include all pay schedules set up in the payroll file;
- Employing Entity - this option will only appear if you do have employing entities set up in the payroll file;
- Locations - this will include all locations set up in the payroll file;
- Super contribution type; and
- Group by - Employee or super fund
Viewing the report
You are able to display the results in a number of ways:
- Expand all - Will show each employee and their locations including dates and amounts of super payments. Please note that when 'Expand all' has been selected that the option will change to 'Collapse all'.
- Show all employees - Will show each employee and how much their total super contribution (but not each separate payment).
You can easily access the report filter and download button whilst scrolling through the report via a sticky filter, without having to scroll back to the top of the page. The sticky filter buttons will appear on the top right-hand side of the report when you scroll down the report:
Using this sticky filter, you can choose to change the filter parameters by clicking on the 'Filter' button and making the changes then clicking the 'Update' button. You also have the option to clear the filter completely to default by clicking the 'Clear filters' option at the bottom right-hand side of the sticky filter.
Exporting the report
You have the option via the 'Download' button to export this report to PDF as well as downloading the super contributions accruals and payments in CSV or Excel formats via the 'Download' button. Additionally, there are also options to download the report for specific superannuation clearing houses: You can simply click on the clearing house export of your choice and the results will be downloaded as a CSV file.
The CSV should not be opened prior to importing to the relevant clearing house in order to avoid formatting changes and therefore potential import issues with the clearing house.
Note: The payroll platform's direct integration with ClickSuper has been disabled as of 1 September 2019. Users that still wish to use the ClickSuper clearing house will need to download the Super Contributions report using the ClickSuper Export option. This report can then be uploaded directly to your ClickSuper account. The payment and management of those funds through ClickSuper is the responsibility of the payroll administrator.
Note: The system does not have a direct integration with any of the above clearing houses and can only supply a CSV export. The payment and management of those funds through the above clearing houses is the responsibility of the payroll administrator.
Note: If you're using HostPlus / QuickSuper you may need to add the employer ID that HostPlus provide into the External ID field at the bottom of the business' Details page (the Details page is under the Business Settings heading on the payroll settings tab on the payroll dashboard).
Note: Unless a business is using Beam, changes to an employee’s super fund will not apply retrospectively in any of the super contribution reports, as this report records what the employee’s super fund was at the time the pay run was finalised. If this is the case, the solution is to (a) manage the consolidation of super contributions into one fund for an employee via your clearing house portal or (b) you'll need to un-finalise any affected pay runs, refresh them, and then finalise again.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org