If you’re an Australian user of QuickBooks online, you’ll already be aware that there’s no built in payroll functionality available. The good news is, that you can integrate directly into QuickBooks.
Alternatively, like with other accounting platforms you can also connect to QBO, import your chart of accounts and export your payroll journals directly to QuickBooks online.
Setting up QuickBooks Online
- Under the Business –> Settings menu, select 'Journals'
- Under 'Accounting Services' click the 'Connect to a journal service' button and select 'QuickBooks Online'
- Click 'Connect to QuickBooks' button:
- A pop-up window should show up which will ask you to log in to QuickBooks online
- Select the QuickBooks file you’d like to connect and click “Authorise”
- Once connected, you can now import your chart of accounts.
- Click the 'Set up Chart of Accounts' link and from the Chart of Accounts page, click the 'Create Accounts' button:
- A list of your QuickBooks accounts should now be listed. Tick the accounts you want to use for payroll transactions and click “Save” at the bottom of the page
- Once you have selected your accounts, assign your default accounts and click 'Save'
- Your accounts are now setup. Now when you finalise a pay run, your payroll journal will automatically post to QuickBooks online.
- Clicking this button will export your pay run journal to QuickBooks online:
12. Alternatively, you can elect to download the journal (for the purposes of help with reconciliation). View this article for more information on downloading journals.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via email@example.com