A Leave Allowance Template will help make managing leave for employees much easier.
With leave allowance templates, you’re able to create pre-defined sets of leave accrual values which can then be applied to new and existing employees. This then allows you to bulk update leave values for employees if the leave accrual rates or accrual methods change rather than having to update them individually for each new employee.
Each business setting comes with three "standard" Leave Allowance Templates configured, one for casual employees and two for permanent employees (one applying a 17.5% loading for annual leave and another with no annual leave loading). You can use these as is or change the settings within to suit your business OR you can create your own...
Setting up new leave allowance templates
- To setup a new leave allowance template, go to the 'Payroll settings' > 'Leave Allowance Templates' page.
- Click 'Add' to add a new template and fill in the relevant details. You’ll notice that only leave categories that automatically accrue leave are displayed in the Leave Allowances section. Enter a Template Name and then select the leave categories you want activated (i.e. you want employees to access) for this template.
- You will notice above that each leave category listed under Leave Allowances has an override button. Clicking on override will allow you to enter different values to that of the default. When you click on the left of the 'x' to activate the override, the default values will disappear and then you are able to enter a new set of values for that specific leave category. Then click “Save” and your leave template will be created.
- Now when you create a new employee, you will be able to select a leave allowance template that can be applied to this employee. You can also select a leave template for existing employees through the Leave Allowances page of the employee file.
- Finally, if you do need to make changes to the values in the leave template, you can do so. Once you click save you’ll be notified if there are employees already linked to the leave template and you’ll be asked if you want to apply the changes to all linked employees:
If you have any feedback or questions on the employee leave templates feature, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.