If a previously terminated employee resumes work for the same business you are able to simply reactivate their Employee File rather than having to create a new one.
To reactivate an employee simply follow these steps:
- Go to the payroll dashboard, and set the employee view to 'All Employees'
- You can then type in the employees name to find them, or select them from the employee list
- You will then be directed to the Employee Details page. All you need to do is scroll down to the bottom and click the 'Re-activate Employee' button:
You will be prompted to confirm this action:
- Once activated, the employee will then be eligible for pay runs again.
- If you are looking to include this employee in future STP pay events, and they have been marked as 'Is Final' incorrectly in this financial year:
a) Create an Update Event
b) Add the employee to the event (via Actions > Add Employee);
c) Uncheck the 'is final' checkbox for that employee;
d) Lodge the event.
- If the employee has changed employment type, e.g. casual to permanent. There are a couple of places in the employee's Employee record that you will need to make an adjustment:
- In the Employee File -> Tax File Declaration page - change the employment type
- In the Employee File -> Pay Run Defaults page - change the Primary Pay Category (you might like to check the employee's leave allowance page as well)
If you have any other queries please contact us on email@example.com