Note: This feature is only available to users with rostering enabled
Payroll admins and managers with the 'manage employee rosters' permission can manage the unavailability on behalf of employees. To manage employee unavailability, follow the steps below:
- To manage an employee's unavailability, first navigate to the 'Rostering' screen under the 'Payroll settings' tab:
- From the rostering screen, click on the Employee option at the top of the roster screen to reveal the list of employees
- Click on the required employee from the list
- From the employee context panel, click the 'Availability' tab -> ADD to enter an unavailability
- You will now see the employee's current unavailability under the 'Unavailability' section
- From the unavailabiltiy tab, you an add, edit or delete an existing unavailability. When adding or editing an unavailabilty, you have the following options:
- Day: if you select 'ongoing' unavailability, you'll be asked to choose the day this unavailability occurs on
- Time: if the unavailability is for a specific time of the day, you'll need to set a start and end time
- Frequency: set the frequency to be a one off or ongoing (recurring) unavailablity
- Duration: set the unavailability to be all day or for a specific period in the day
- Date: the date the unavailability will start
- End: the date the unavailability will end (optional)
- Reason: the reason for the unavailablity
Once you are done adding or editing employee unavailability, you can save the unavailability.
When an employee unavailability is changed by a manager, employees will receive a notification letting them know via email and/or WorkZone (if they have it installed).
Managers can also receive an email notification when an employee unavailability changes by going to 'Account' -> 'Manage Notifications' and selecting 'Email me when an employee that I supervise is unavailable to work'
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org